Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Using Technology

The funny thing about using technology is the amount of time that it takes to complete projects, that when we just use our paper and pencil we finish in less than a week. But the ways that we can share and publish the work that create using technology is amazing.

I decided that this year I would teach my students computer skills using power point. We created a power point presentation of all of the things that we did during the year. I scanned samples of the students' work so they could attach the pictures and their comments of the work.

In the beginning of the school year, it was a painful process. There were times when I would have the students write their comments themselves on paper and then I would type the words into their power points.

The greatest thing was for the students to share their power point presentations with their parents during open house. The parents loved seeing all of their child's work especially because it included pictures of their work and pictures of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment